Health & Safety Protocols
At TreeRush Adventures, the health and safety of staff and guests is our top concern – especially as we think about providing adventure escapes during times like these. With this in mind, we’ve developed procedures based on guidelines from state health department and government officials and on recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We’ve set strict standards so you can feel comfortable as you join us in creating an adventure that will help you get exercise, reduce stress, and experience the beauty of the great outdoors.
First things first: follow healthy habits
The state of Nebraska’s Directed Health Measures for our community requires social distancing. People who have stayed safe together during the last few months should continue to do so. When you come with your “safety unit” to TreeRush Adventures, please maintain a 6-foot distance from members of other “safety units.” Nebraska additionally prohibits gatherings of more than 10 people in compact spaces. As your “safety unit” moves through the park, please be mindful of this. And of course, remember these healthy habits promoted by the CDC:
- Stay home if you feel ill, especially if you have a fever or cough or if you are experiencing fatigue, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds.
(For the convenience of guests and staff, we’ve added several hand-sanitizer stations.)
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and throw the tissue in the trash. If you have no tissue, cough or sneeze into the bend of your elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
Our TreeRush Team is committed to you
We’re very proud of our dedicated team of professionals. Of course, you’ll find they deliver the same service you’ve come to expect. You’ll be amazed by their commitment to helping you find your comfort zone in our changing world. As a courtesy to guests, they’ve agreed to do the following:
- Staff members will stay home from work if they feel ill.
- All staff members will strive to maintain 6 feet of personal space between themselves and others.
- Just in case there’s a surprise encounter, all staff members will wear masks when working. As a heads up, they will need to enter your personal space when checking harness fit or if you need assistance when climbing in the park. Before doing these things, our staff will put on recommended additional personal protective gear.
- All staff members have been trained to follow rigorous processes for cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces and for cleaning and disinfecting guest harnesses and climbing gear between guest uses.
Please help as we open our doors for the Season
We’re all in this together and we count on you to help us navigate our new world order. At a minimum, we need your help in the following ways.
- If you have a fever or cough or if you are experiencing fatigue, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing, please stay home and visit us when you feel better. We can easily reschedule your visit or provide a refund if you prefer.
- Please follow signage designed to help maintain social distancing and to ensure we comply with state guidelines limiting the number of people who can gather in close proximity.
- Please wear a mask. We require guests to wear masks at all times when in the building and on the ground and recommend guests wear masks when climbing. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you.
preparing for your TreeRush Adventure
We have reduced the number of people who can make a reservation during each check-in time to limit congestion. To streamline the check-in process, we want you to be aware of these things.
- Advance reservations are strongly recommended. You can make reservations online or call our office at 402-316-7038.
- Please bring gloves suitable for climbing that completely cover your hands. Don’t worry if you forget your gloves. We can sell you a pair but no longer loan used gloves to climbers.
- Complete and submit our waiver – when you make a reservation, you’ll receive the link when you complete your reservation.
- Please bring enough water to stay hydrated during your climb. Water bottles may be placed in a storage cubby. Under current conditions, we cannot offer water refill stations. We have coolers with small water bottles located throughout the park.
- Please limit the number of personal items you bring into the park. Under current conditions, lockers are unavailable. However, we do have a limited number of storage cubbies.
What to expect when you arrive
All will seem pretty normal when you approach the front doors of the Fontenelle Forest Nature Center. You’ll see that the entry to TreeRush Adventures is to the left of the Nature Center’s Main Entrance – down a wooden bridge that leads to the building’s Atrium. Help us keep this pathway free of congestion by following these steps.
- Please wait for your entire “safety unit” before you start down the boardwalk to check in.
- If you haven’t made an advance reservation, please do so before you start down the boardwalk. You can do this on line or by calling 402-316-7038.
- If you haven’t completed waivers before arrival, please look for signage that will help you do this while you wait on the boardwalk to check in.
- Please remember to move with your “safety unit” as we guide you through the process of getting into the trees.
- Staff will invite guests into the Atrium to check in, recognizing state group-size restrictions.
- Once you’ve checked in, staff will guide you into the park. We’ve modified our harnessing, briefing and practice procedures.
With all these changes, one thing remains the same….
We are dedicated to providing you with memory-making fun with the people you care about most. Our staff continues to be driven to help you Feel the Rush!
Know Before You Go
Check out this video to learn general information about how to prepare for you TreeRush Adventure. Discover how to put on your full-body harness. Learn how to youse your always-locked-on climbing gear before you arrive to climb and zip through the trees!